Forget the name, buckwheat is gluten free! It’s actually a seed that’s high in protein, fibre and packed full of minerals. You can get it as a flour or buckwheat groats which are great for porridge (More on that to follow!). These crepes are a great breakfast/ snack/ pudding/ lunch and can be made into something deliciously sweet or savoury and are fab for on the go food.
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 egg
- a pinch sea salt
- Simply whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl, beating out any lumps and bumps!
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat, ladle a big spoonful into the centre and spread it around as if you were making a normal crepe.
- Fry for a few minutes on both sides and it really is just that easy!
- They can be eaten as sweet crepes or made in wraps.
- Stuff with chicken, avocado, beetroot & home made pesto for lunch or topped with 2 TSP honey, 2 TBSP peanut butter and a banana as a sweet snack!