blueberry protein bowl
Balance is key when it comes to creating your own Smoothie Bowl. This balance is created by ensuring your bowl consists of each of the 3 types of macronutrients. Macronutrients are primary nutrients that provide the body with energy in the form of calories. They are required in significant amounts in the diet as opposed to micronutrients which are needed in small amounts. The 3 types of macronutrients are carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. Micronutrients consist of vitamins and minerals. A Smoothie Bowl is a blank canvas for you to get creative, mix and match textures, combine flavours, and really amp up the nutritional volume! That’s exactly what I’ve done with the following Smoothie Bowl Recipe I created !
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder
- 2 tbsp coconut butter (oil)
- 1 banana
- Unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp. toasted almond flakes, goji berries, chia seed to garnish
- Place all ingredients into a blender (excluding the garnish ingredients) and give it a whizz until creamy and blended.
- Pour into a cereal bowl and top with your favourite recipe.
- NOTES * To toast almonds, place them on a small baking sheet in a 180C oven until lightly golden brown, about 5 minutes – don’t leave because they have the ability to burn very quickly !