SALMON WITH A MAPLE SYRUP BARBECUE SAUCE
A simple dish that your family will surely love!
- 60 ml balsamic vinegar
- 60 ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- 1 sprig thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 piece 250g salmon fillets
- unsalted butter
- Maple Syrup
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 orange
- Mixed salad leaves
- Place the vinegar, orange juice, maple syrup, thyme and chilli in a small saucepan and simmer until thick and syrupy. Remove from the heat until the salmon is ready to serve.
- Season the salmon fillets. Cook on the barbecue, skin side up for about 5 minutes without moving.
- Flip the fish skin side down and cook for about 3 minutes until the skin is crisp. Keep warm.
- Remove the sprig of thyme from the sauce. Bring the sauce back to a simmer and beat in the butter.
- Make a dressing by combining 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 3 tablespoons olive oil, a pinch of sea salt and a squirt of maple syrup. Dress the salad leaves. Coat the salmon with the sauce and serve on a bed of salad leaves and orange segments.