Vegan Winter-y Stew
It’s finally getting cold outside!! The streets are staring to get decorated with lights, it’s getting dark soon in the evening, in one month is christmas and the list goes on.. ;-) So this stew is just perfect! You literally just need 2 ingredients and some herbs and spices.
- 250 g chickpeas or white beans
- 500 g cherry tomatoes
- a pinch cayenne pepper
- some parsley
- fresh coriander
- a pinch himalayan salt
- a side dish or a homemade rye flat bread/brown rice
- For the stew: Start off by washing the tomatoes and rising the beans/chickpeas. Place the tomatoes in a cooking pot and cover with hot water. Don’t use too much water though. They just need to be covered.
- Let the tomatoes simmer on medium heat until they’re really soft. There should just be a little water now. Then mash the tomatoes in the post and mix with the rest of the water.
- Add in the spicesherbs and chickpeas, stir well and let it simmer for some more minutes. Then fill into bowls and enjoy!
- For the Flatbread: First, measure 70 grams of rye wholegrain flour for one flatbread. Add in around 50 to 70 ml of warm water or until the dough can easily be knead. Add half a teaspoon of baking powder and mix it again.
- Take out the dough and on a floured surface, roll it out. Should be like 1 to 2 inches thick.
- Put it into a warm pan (medium to high heat) and let it ‘bake’ until there are some big bubbles. Turn around and let it ‘bake’ on the second site for 2 minutes. Take it out, put it onto a plate and enjoy it!