Vegan Scrumptious Cinnamon Rolls
Okay..so watch out guys! This is THE WINNER. Seriously, I know I’ve said this often enough already but THESE.ARE.THE.WINNER. Everyone loves them, I have made them for both my family and my friends and all of them wanted some more. After creating the recipe on Sunday or something I have made them 3 times already cause nobody could get enough haha.
- 200 g spelt flour
- 30 g Lucuma powder
- 70 g coconut sugar
- 2-3 tbsp poppyseed
- 1 tbsp dry active yeast
- 110 ml plant milk
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 70 g coconut oil or vegan butter
- 60 g coconut oil or vegan butter
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 60 g coconut sugar
- Start off by mixing all of the dry ingredients for the dough together. Then, heat up all of the plant-milk, meanwhile whisk together 1 teaspoon coconut sugar with the yeast. Add half of the warm milk and set aside until frothy on top.
- Add the coconut oil to the rest of the milk and turn on the heat until liquid. Add to the flour mix and if the yeast mixture is frothy yet, add it too. Take a wooden spoon and stir until combined. You might need some more milk if it’s too wet or some more flour if too dry.
- Flour the surface (just a tiny bit) and knead the dough for about 5 minutes until smooth (shouldn’t be sticky). Let it rest for 30 minutes until it has risen.
- During that time add coconut oil, coconut sugar and cinnamon into a little cooking pot and heat on low heat for about half a minute (!!). If it has softened a little bit, stir until everything sticks together. It should NOT be liquid or anywhere near liquid!
- On a floured surface, roll the dough into a rectangular shape and spread the filling onto the whole dough-plate. It’ll probably be a rather thin layer. Roll the whole thing into one large roll starting from the long side. Cut into 5-7 cm thick pieces and preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a spring form and put the rolls into it placing the rolls next to each other leaving no space in between.
- Put into the oven and bake for about 16-20 minutes or until a fork comes out clean and they’re a little golden-brown on top. Let them cool and enjoy!