Vegan (healthy) Tater Tots + spicy Ketchup
When I was a toddler, I literally couldn’t stop eating tater tots-in any kind of shape like there also are those crispy tater faces available you know ;-) And I love it spicy! So I thought I’d create a thick, spicy ketchup too! And here it is.
- 1 medium & 1 little regular potatoes
- 1 medium & 1 little purple potatoes
- 1 tbsp tahini
- spices of your choice + to taste
- some water
- 100-120 g cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- some chives
- Start off by peeling + cutting the potatoes into little pieces. Bring some water to boil (and don’t forget to wash the taters, of course).
- Put the little potato pieces into the boiling water and cook until soft. Rinse them and divide regular and purple potato chunks. First, mash the regular ones. Add half of the tablespoon tahini & half of your prepared spices. Stir well and maybe add a little splash of water.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius and line a baking sheet. Now, take a tablespoon and scoop out half a tablespoon of the potato mash for one tater tot. Form a tater tot and put it onto the baking tray. Repeat until the mash is used up, then repeat with the purple tater chunks.
- Put the tray into the oven and bake for about 20 minutes, then carefully turn the around and bake for another 10 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile prepare the ketchup. Therefor simply put the tomatoes into a little cooking pot and add water until covered. DON’T add more!! Cook until soft, then pureé with a hand mixer until thick and creamy. Add the spices, stir and pour it into a little bowl, cup or whatever you want.
- Dip in the tater tots and enjoy!