Vegan Apricot Cake
It’s a really traditional cake here in Austria.. For those who don’t know anything about our traditions, I’m talking about: it’s Apricot cake!! So I simply tried to veganize it and here’s what the result is, a fluffy and delicious vegan Apricot cake
- 200 g white spelt flour
- 150 g coconut blossom sugar
- 50 g Lucuma Powder
- 200 g coconut oil or vegan butter
- 4 flax eggs
- liquid of 1 chickpea can
- zest of 1/2 an organic lemon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bourbon vanilla
- about 3/4 a kg of organic apricots
- First, preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease a baking dish, for an even better result, add in some flour too.
- Start of by creating vegan beaten 'egg whites' out of the chickpea liquid. For a more accurate instruction for this, simply watch the video I linked above!
- Set aside and mix together the flax eggs, the coconut sugar, vanilla, lemon zest, lucuma powder & vegan butter or coconut oil. Carefully whisk together flour and baking powder and add to the vegan butter/coconut oil-flax egg mixture.
- Carefully fold in the vegan beaten 'egg whites'.
- Pour the dough into the prepared baking dish and wash apricots. Cut them in half and remove the pits. Press the halves onto the top of the cake leaving just a little bit of space in between.
- Bake for about 40-50 minutes (depends on your oven) or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it cool down and enjoy!