Tomato Brown Rice with green Veggies
I have to admit, I LOVE easy meals. When I come home from school, they’re easily prepared and easy *whole* foods are super healthy too. Whenever I don’t feel like creating something fancy these healthy yet easy meals are my to-go faves!
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- a squeeze of lime juice
- 1/4 cup borlotti (brown) beans
- 1 tsp of the following spices: turmeric, cayenne pepper and cumin
- 1 cup fresh/frozen broccoli
- 1/4 cup fresh/frozen peas
- It’s super simple: just start boiling the brown rice. For about 1/2 a cup of rice, use 1 1/2 cups of water. If the water is nearly absorbed, add the tomatoes, spices & herbs and cook until the tomatoes start to form a sauce.
- Take a cooking spoon and mash the tomatoes. Stir and add the broccoli & legumes. Stir again, pour it into a bowl and enjoy!