The Ultimate Vegan Burger
In honor of the #bestofveganburger Challenge (which is still running until the end of this week) on Instagram I decided to create one too. And it was so much fun to make this one. SO.MUCH.FUN. Seriously 😄 And to be sure that it really is the ultimate vegan burger, I gave it to my dad, who tried it. And he is like not into vegan stuff at all. Like everyone else in my family, to be honest haha. But he loved this one, even before trying it he was amazed by its look. But try it out yourself!
- 70 g breadcrumbs
- 50 g (dryweight) black beans
- 3 tbsp canned & rinsed chickpeas
- 1 tsp of paprika, curry powder & veggie stock powder
- 1/2 tsp of herbs & spices: majoran, cayenne pepper, oregano, dried parsley and dried chives
- pinch sea salt and black pepper
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1/2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 onion
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 wholegrain sourdough buns
- other toppings of choice (I used pickles, tomatoes, veganspread, sauteéd asparagus and onions)
- Start off by mixing the bread crumbs together with the spices and herbs. Add 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil and tamari and set aside.
- If you’re using pre-soaked and uncooked beans, cook them as written on its package. Meanwhile mash the chickpeas. Once done, add the black beans and mash too. Add the bread crumbs to the mashed beans and chickpeas and stir. Add the another 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil and stir again.
- Mince both the garlic and onion and sauteé in some olive oil. Add the dijon mustard and let it sauteé on low to medium heat for about 2 minutes. Add to the patty-mass and stir until everything sticks together perfectly and there are no big chunks of the breadcrumbs left.
- Form into to two patties and bake on 180 degrees Celcius for about 5-7 minutes turning them halfway. Slice up your buns add some toppings of choice and put the patties into the buns. Enjoy!