Super soft Gingerbread Cookies
I adore Gingerbread cookies! I’ve always loved them, I even ate like the whole 300 gram package at once when I was younger. So I wanted to create a new gingerbread recipe and here it is. Feel free to adjust the sweetness if you want it to be less sweet or even sweeter. Also, you can substitute the wholegrain rye flour for spelt flour!
- 1/2 cup date syrup
- 90 g buckwheat flour
- 60 g wholegrain rye flour
- 1 tbsp gingerbread spice
- 70 ml oat milk
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Start off by mixing the dry ingredients together. Set aside and pour the oat milk into a cup, stir constantly and mix the date syrup underneath.
- Take some flour for dusting and put the dough onto the countertop and form a ball. Place it in the fridge for about 10 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius. Then roll the dough out (you might need some flour for dusting!). Ut should be like 1 inch thick. Take a round cookie cutter and cut out the cookies, take them in between of your hands and flatten them a little.
- Now you can decide whether you want to leave them plain or not. If you want to, mash a few blackberries and place a little (!!) of it onto the middle of a cookie. Fold together like a ravioli and put it onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 to 20 minutes. Check on the cookies during their baking time. If they are soft and already had risen a little, take them out and enjoy warm!