Spicy Lunch Plate
I can’t say it often enough, spicy is so so good! So this is amazingly delicious, at least for people that like it spicy too 😋
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 - 1/2 handful cherry tomatoes
- chickpea tofu
- greens of choice
- herbs of choice
- First, preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius and start cutting the sweet potato into fries. Put them onto a lined baking tray and add half a teaspoon cayenne pepper and dried herbs of your choice. Mix with your hands and put into the oven for about half an hour.
- Bring water to bowl and add in the rice. Cook until the water is absorbed, set aside and bring the tomatoes to boil. The tomatoes need to be nearly covered in water and don’t forget to top the cooking pot with a lid!
- When the tomatoes are soft and mushy, mash them up and let them simmer for about 10 minutes more. Then add half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper and herbs of choice. Stir well and set aside. Now, take some brussels sprouts, cut into the half, sprinkle them with some lemon juice and put them into the oven. Let them roast for about 5 to 10 minutes (they shouldn’t be burned).
- Bring the broccoli to boil and cook it for about 5 minutes, rinse and stir fry it together with the chickpea tofu and the green beans for about 10 minutes. Put everything together in a bowl (sweet potatoes should be done by now) and enjoy!