My fave Spicy Vegan Tomato Sauce
When I was little I was always eating Pasta with tomato sauce. When we were in Italy I have always been choosing ‘Penne Pomodoro’, just the best.
- 250 grams cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 little chili pepper
- some dried herbs
- some pasta water
- a pinch of himalayan salt
- Pasta of choice
- It’s really easy; just put the tomatoes into a saucepan and pour in some pasta water until the tomatoes are almost covered. Be careful not to use to much though!
- Let it simmer until the tomatoes are starting to get squishy, then add the herbs, spices & the nutritional yeast. Take out a potato masher and mash the tomatoes. There should be some little tomato chunks left in the sauce.
- Rinse your pasta, add the tomato sauce and some more nutritional yeast & enjoy!