Morrocan Inspired Quinoa Salad
Let me tell you, I love the african cuisine! Not only because everything has this warm color but because everything tastes AWESOME! Full of flavor, strong and delicious spices and again, full of vibrant colors ;-) So today I started to crave this warmth and the spicyness and created this Morrocan inspired dish. Please note that there are more morrocan inspired about to come as I recently was given an amazing (and so beautiful) tajine by my relatives (you rock 😉).
- 1/2 cup white (can be both red or black, too) quinoa
- a handful of multi-colored tomatoes, cut into the half
- 1 little chili pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of each cinnamon, cardamom, cumin and turmeric
- juice of 1/4 a lime
- 1/2 medium sweet potato
- 4 medium sized portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon african spice mix
- some fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Start of by boiling the quinoa (sub for couscous or bulgur if desired) as written on its package.
- Meanwhile, add the african spice mix to the sweet potato and put onto a lined baking tray and into a pre-heated (200 degrees Celcius) for about 20 to 30 minutes or until the pieces start to get a golden-brown touch.
- Now, heat a pan and if you aren’t using a non-stick one, add the teaspoon of oil. Add the mushrooms and let them simmer until they shrunk a little.
- Mix together all of the ingredients together, give it a little stir and serve warm. Enjoy! :-)