Indulgently creamy “Galaxy” Cashewgurt
Ever wondered if you could have any other yogurt than soy yogurt as a vegan? If there might be any other substitute out there? Well, there certainly are a few (think coconut yogurt, almond yogurt, hemp yogurt, etc..) but since I’ve heard of cashewgurt I just knew I had to make it myself at least once. And here we have it! The result: a “galaxy” cashewgurt, which of course, has nothing to do with a real galaxy.
- 400 g cashews
- 1 tbsp sliced coconut meat
- 1 tbsp (homemade) almond butter
- 1 tsp bourbon vanilla
- a squeeze of lemon
- 20 ml organic unpasteurized apple juice
- 30 ml oat milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp sweetener of your choice
- Simply soak the cashews in hot water for about 1-2 hours. If you've got a little more time, use cold water and soak them for a minimum of 8 hours.
- Afterwards, blitz all the ingredients using a high speed blender until nice and creamy. If you'd like it to be a little more liquid, add some more oat milk/apple juice and blend one more time.
- If you want to create a galaxy-ish effect like I did, layer it with some (homemade) jam in a jar. Of course you can just enjoy it on its own or with some fresh fruits as well!