Giant White Bean Stew
I made this stew today and I couldn’t get enough! It was so so good! It kind of tasted like a dish we call ‘Letscho’ in Austria, that originally is from Hungary, so if you know what Letscho tastes like, you probably can imagine this one’s taste!
- 1/2 cup black/white/red quinoa
- 1 1/2 cup cooked giant white beans,
- 3/4 cup pea pods
- 200 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- some fresh chopped up dill and parsley
- optional: a pinch of himalayan pink salt
- Bring water to boil and add in the quinoa.Cook until the water is fully absorbed, meanwhile prepare the ingredients for the stew.
- Start off by boiling the soaked beans, if you aren’t using canned ones, for about 40 minutes to 1 hour. Then, rinse the beans and set aside. Bring the tomatoes and the herbs and spices to boil. The tomatoes need to be slightly covered in water. When they get soft, mash them, add in the beans and stir. Let the stew simmer for about 10 to 20 minutes, serve it with quinoa and enjoy!