Easy (kind-of) Yellow Lentil Dhal
Okay, maybe you have already noticed the pattern in my latest Posts: quick food, easy food, cheap food, when savory mostly something with a touch of indian cuisine, which I adore!! If not, well..now I’ve told you 😆 This quick and delicious (kind-of) dhal is super delicious and you can easlily adapt it. Note: Please don’t forget to tag me on Instagram when using any of my recipes with @cinnamonappls and #cinnamonappls so I can see your re-creations!
- 1 cup dried yellow lentils
- 100 ml warm water
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 little red onion
- some leaves fresh coriander
- In a saucepan, steam the red onion. Add the cayenne pepper, 1 tsp turmeric and coriander and when fragrant, add a box (250 grams) cherry tomatoes and approx. 100 ml warm water and top with a lid.
- When the cherry tomatoes are soft, mash them and stir until the tomato paste is combined with the water. Add some more turmeric and 1 cup dried yellow lentils.
- Top with the lid again, let it simmer for about 15 more minutes, stir occasionally. Enjoy!
- Optional: Top with some red quinoa. Use salt to taste.