Creamy Polenta with Kale
When I was younger, my grandma often tried to convince me to eat polenta. But I have never really liked it..now after about 7 years I wanted to try it again..because you know, trying doesn’t hurt! And from what I can tell, I am SO happy I did, because well..that stuff is amazing!!
- 3/4 cup of polenta
- 3 tablespoons oat milk/rice milk
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 big kale leaves
- 3-4 shiitake mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried chili flakes
- dried herbs
- squeeze of a lemon
- It’s really easy, just pop all the ingredients except the kale, shiitake mushrooms and lemon juice into a little saucepan and bring to boil. Stir constantly to keep the polenta from sticking onto the saucepan.
- If the water is fully absorbed and the polenta is somehow creamy but not too liquid, pour it into a bowl and heat another saucepan. Put some water and the lemon juice into it and sautée the mushrooms and kale. Garnish the polenta with the kale and mushrooms and sprinkle sone (black) sesame on top. Feel free to adjust spicyness/taste to your choice and enjoy!