Apple Chocolate Chip “Blondies”
Everyone loves baked goods involving a lot of apples, apples in their raw stage, apple compote, apple butter (basically mashed apples – no butter involved), etc. So I simply created another baked apple treat. It’s so moist, sweet and delicious-you won’t regret to recreate it!
- 1 handful cashew nuts
- 8-9 tbsp oat bran
- 45 g coconut sugar
- 25 g your favorite vegan dark chocolate
- 1 flax egg
- 1 apple
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 50 ml oat milk
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch pink himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut nectar
- 60 g coconut oil or vegan butter
- Start of by mixing all of the dry ingredients but the baking powder together with the coconut oil/vegan butter.
- Next, blend the cashews until the reach a flour-like consistency and add it too.
- Prepare you flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax seeds + 3 tablespoons water, let it sit for about 5 minutes until thickened) and add the baking powder, the oat milk, the juice of half a lime and the coconut nectar.
- Pour over the dry ingredients and add one half of the apple which should be grated. Put the other half aside.
- Preheat the oven to about 180 degrees Celcius and take out a cake tin you'd normally use for poundcake (no idea how this one's called so I tried to "explain" it, haha 😅). I used a silicone one so I didn't have to grease it. If you don't own a silicone cake tin, grease it with some coconut oil/vegan butter at this point.
- Pour in the "Blondie" mass and spread out evenly. Slice the other half od the apple into thin slices and put them on top of the batter. Sprinkle with some coconut sugar so that the apples won't get dry during baking.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes on 180 degrees. After the time is over, bake it on 160 degrees Celcius for another 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it cool and enjoy!