Sunny chia pudding ☀
Gorgeously summery, and made in honour of the seasons to come. To make this a vegan pudding, swap the natural yogurt for a little more almond milk mixed with chia (mix in a separate bowl and transfer once it has just started to set, to avoid it mixing with the mango below). ☀ Chia seeds can absorb up to 12 times their own weight in water, which is why they are perfect for pudding! The fiber in chia seeds slows digestion and breakdown of carbs into sugars, giving consistent energy levels as well as helping to regulate blood sugar levels. As well as that, these little super seeds contain more calcium than milk, more omega-3 than salmon and more antioxidants than blueberries! They are also great for vegetarians as they contain all of the 9 essential amino acids necessary for an optimal balanced diet. ☀ Mango contains over 20 different vitamins and minerals, and has benefits for digestion, bones, hair, skin, eyes, nails and even muscles! Mangoes contain an antioxidant called zeaxanthin which filters out blue light rays which is how it protects your eyes. It’s the most widely consumed fruit in the world! ☀ Passion fruit helps the immune system, digestion, improves bone mineral density, sleep, skin, eyes and more! In fact, a single serving of passion fruit has more than 100% of your recommended daily intake amount of vitamin C (which is why it’s such a fantastic immune system boost). E n j o y with a cup of chai tea
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 150 ml almond milk
- 1/4 ripe mango
- 1/2 passion fruit
- 3 tbsp natural yogurt
- 2 baby figs
- To start, add the 2 tbsp of chia seeds and the almond milk to your glass or bowl.
- Mix them, and set to one side so it starts to set - keep stirring every now and then to evenly distribute the seeds
- Slice the figs, and position them above the chia seeds, pressed up against the glass so they can bee seen from the outside.
- Blend the mango and gently layer it over the top of the chia and almond.
- On top of this, add a few tbsp of yogurt and finally top with the contents of half a passion fruit and a few extra chia seeds.
- eat and e n j o y : )