Springtime stew with wild garlic and celeriac
Veggie lentil and quinoa stew with wild garlic, celeriac, cavolo nero (black kale) and sweet potato. This is honestly now one of my favorite meals. It's healthy, heart warming, super tasty and completely vegetarian. It's low GI and high in fiber so it fills you up and keeps you satisfied and late evening cravings at bay. If you make this I would love to hear how you got on! Just pop me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org You can also find me on Instagram @charlotte_jane_nutrition
- 1/2 cup puy lentils
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 5 leaves cavolo nero (black kale)
- 1/2 sweet potato
- 1/2 small celeriac
- 3 spring onions
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 big handful wild garlic
- 600 ml water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Add the olive oil to a frying pan (or paella pans work well) and set on a medium heat.
- Whilst it heats up, finely chop the onion, sweet potato and celeriac, and add it to the pan, stirring as you go.
- As it browns off, remove the thick stems from the kale and finely chop.
- When the potato is al dente, add the kale and wild garlic to the pan and stir until the garlic has wilted.
- Boil the kettle and make up the veg stock by breaking the stock cube into a jug and pouring the boiling water over it.
- Add the lentils and quinoa to the pan, mixing well and then add the stock.
- Bring the whole lot to a boil, give it another stir, then turn the heat right down and cover the pan with tin foil to let it cook in it's juices.
- Remove the tin foil and give it a stir every 10 minutes or so and keep this going for 35 minutes or so - until the lentils, quinoa and potato are completely cooked.
- Once cooked, dish it out and serve with a hearty crusty wholemeal roll.