Raspberry breakfast oatie bakes
Raspberry and coconut oatie bakes 👌 Inspired by @balancedlivingbyjj (Julia Jaczo) and her fabulous blueberry version of this. After I'd had the pleasure of sampling at lunch, I couldn't resist giving it a go. Julia used blueberries but I have run out so I used raspberries instead and it was just as delicious! Make a batch of these on a Sunday evening and enjoy them for breakfast throughout the week! These breakfast treats release energy slowly because of the oats, but the honey and fruits will give you an initial boost so it's the perfect all-rounder! ❤️
- 1/2 cup Raspberries
- 1 whole Banana
- 2 tbsp Peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Oats
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Egg whites
- 1/2 cup Black cherries
- 2 tsp Maca powder
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- Preheat your oven to 170°C.
- Find a big mixing bowl, and add all ingredients except a few raspberries and cherries which you will use to decorate the top.
- Mash it all together until its one lovely big sticky, fruity, oaty mess of goodness.
- Get a baking tin (I use a square 9.5" x 9.5" tin), and line with baking paper.
- Scoop your mixture into the lined tin and use a fork to spread evenly, pressing down to compress it together as you go, so that it doesn't crumble when you take a bite.
- Once level, add some raspberries and cherries to the top.
- Pop it into the oven for 15 minutes on 170°C
- Once ready, take it out of the oven and sprinkle a little desiccated coconut over the top.
- Lift the oatie bake out of the tin, using the baking paper, and sit somewhere to cool down.
- Once cool, slice into whatever little shapes you like. I keep ours in a cake tin, and we grab on in the mornings when there's little time to prepare anything else (and also as a cheeky evening snack with a cup of tea - this goes particularly well with Earl Grey tea)
- e n j o y : )