M I S O S O U P 味噌汁
Low GI, low sugar, and full of antioxidants from the miso ❤️ 🙏 So tasty and so good for you! * I challenge you to eat the rice noodles with chopsticks and switch to a spoon once they're gone! It is believed that chopsticks encourage us to appreciate food more, as we put less in our mouths each time (although it could be due to the struggle of getting the food to the mouth in the first place!)*
- 1 very small handful spinach
- 1 very small handful rice noodles
- 3 floretes broccoli
- 1/2 small beetroot
- 2 pea sized squirts wasabi paste
- 1 tsp miso paste
- First, get a shallow pan of water on the boil.
- Whilst it's heating, chop broccoli into little florets and the beetroot into very small chunks (about 1cm by 2cm).
- Once the water is boiling, add the broccoli and beetroot and steam for 5-7 minutes.
- Whilst that's going on, lay some spinach at the bottom of a bowl.
- Add to it, uncooked rice noodles (you may need to break them down so they fit in the bowl).
- On top of this, add a few pea sized squirts of wasabi and your miso paste or powder.
- Once the broccoli and beetroot are al dente, ladle them out of the pan and into your bowl.
- Then, top up the bowl with the water that cooked the broccoli and beetroot. If there is not enough just top up with boiling water from the kettle.
- Leave to stand for 3-5 minutes so that the rice softens and infuses with the beetroot and broccoli.
- Serve and e n j o y : )