There is nothing more satisfying than having breakfast for dinner (brinner). After an inspiring meal at Boston Tea Party, I had to try and recreate it. This is feel-good soul-food. e n j o y : )
- 7 Mushrooms
- 3 Cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 Avocado
- 2 Rashers of smokey back bacon
- 1 Egg
- 1 handful Rocket leaves
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- White pepper
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- Heat a tsp of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Whilst it's heating up, chop the mushrooms.
- Add the bacon and mushrooms to the pan, so that they both cook in each others juices.
- Whilst its cooking, turn on the grill and pop the tomatoes in on an oven proof dish.
- Keep stirring the bacon and mushrooms, pressing the bacon down so that it goes crispy at the edges.
- Whilst it finishes cooking, get a plate and add the handful of rocket, and half an avocado, sliced.
- Heat some water in a shallow pan, and when it's boiling add the cider vinegar, crack an egg into it, and let it poach for 5 mins.
- Once everything is cooked, serve the bacon, mushrooms and egg on top of the bed of spinach.
- e n j o y : )