Avocado seed, raspberry and coconut bites
Avocado seed, raspberry and coconut bites with PB and crushed hazelnut. Avocado seeds contain so much nutrients I can't believe I had been composting them until now! If they have the same health benefits for mini-beasts as they do for humans then we have some extremely healthy slugs and snails, I bet they've been loving it! I have stated that this is for 4 people - it makes 12 balls so this is assuming 3 each : )
- 1 avocado seed
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1 banana
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp psyllium husk
- 8 hazelnuts
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- 6 tbsp dessicated coconut
- 1 peanut butter
- First up is making the avocado seed flour. Preheat the oven to 120℃ and bake a clean avocado seed for 30 minutes. This should dry it out and make the skin very easy to remove.
- Whilst it's baking, add the banana, raspberries, strawberries, psyllium husk, peanut butter, cacao hazelnuts, honey, 3 tbsp of chia seeds and 4 tbsp of desiccated coconut to a blender and whizz it up into a nice sticky mess and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- You will need the blender again for this next bit so give it a quick clean (be sure to dry it well as it will be used to make the avocado flour next)
- Once the avocado seed is baked, remove it from the oven and leave it to cool. Once cool, blend it into a fine powder.
- Add 2 tbsp of the avocado flour to the mixing bowl and mix it in with the other ingredients. The rest of the avocado flour can be stored and used again in another recipe (if kept in an air tight container it should last for a week or so)
- Now it gets messy. Get a plate, and scatter 2 tbsp of desiccated coconut and 1 tbsp of chia over it. Now, take a scoop of the mixture with your hands and roll it into a ball. Set to one side on a clean plate and repeat until the mixture is gone. You should have 12 balls give or take.
- Once they are all rolled and you are happy with their size, roll each ball in desiccated coconut and chia to give them a lovely coating.
- Once they are all done, let them chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.