Banana bread with blueberry chia jam
This recipe is paleo and LCHF. It makes a great snack or a yummy dessert for either a dinner party or just a cozy night at home.
- 2 Ripe bananas
- 4 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1 ts Baking soda
- 1/2 cup Coconut flour
- 1/2 ts Vanilla powder
- 200 g Fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2-3 tbs Coconut sugar
- To taste Vanilla powder
- 1/4 cup Chia seeds
- Mix the chia seeds with the water and let it sit while you do the rest.
- Mash the bananas and mix with the eggs and honey.
- Mix the dry ingredients and mix well with the wet ingredients.
- Put the mix in a foiled bread pan and put it in the oven at 180 degrees celsius for 20-25 minutes. This depends on how wide your bread pan is, and how flat/tall the bread will be.
- Defrost the blueberries if they are frozen, and slightly heat them up.
- Add coconut sugar and bring up to a boil.
- Take the berries off the heat and add the chia and water mixture you made at the very start.
- Let it sit for a little bit so that the chia seeds can soak up the liquid from the blueberries. Add more chia seeds if the jam is too runny.
- Take the banana bread out of the oven and let it cool for a little while. Cut it in slices, add some jam and be prepared to say YUM!