Caramello Chocolate (raw, vegan)
This caramel-filled chocolate is so easy to make and it’s organic, raw vegan, refined sugar free, grain free and nut free. Prep/making time is about 30 minutes. You will need a cupcake tin with liners or chocolate molds for this recipe.
- 3 tbsp raw, organic, cacao powder
- 2-3 tbsp raw, organic, dark agave
- 1/2 tsp organic vanilla extract (alcohol-free)
- 1/4 tsp organic, cinnamon powder
- 1/2 C raw, organic, cacao butter
- 1/2 C organic unhulled tahini
- 1/2 C organic raw dark agave
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 C unrefined, raw, organic coconut oil
- Pinch pink himalayan salt
- For the chocolate – if using cupcake tins and liners; prepare these first and line the tray with liners. In a saucepan on a very low heat (do not overheat, just melt on a low temperature), melt the cacao butter until it’s completely liquefied. This may take about 10 minutes. Sift in the cacao and the cinnamon and stir. Then stir in the vanilla and maple syrup. Taste the liquid chocolate and adjust any ingredients. Some may prefer more or less sweetener. When well mixed, spoon a layer of chocolate into the bottom of each cupcake liner. You only want to use half of this mix for this stage, as you will need the other half for the top layer. The bottom of the cupcake liners should be covered in a thin layer of chocolate. When finished, put the tray in the fridge and prepare the caramel.
- For the caramel – in a bowl or a blender, add the tahini, maple syrup, vanilla and salt. Stir well. Add the liquefied coconut oil and stir thoroughly. Take the chocolate out of the fridge. It should now be firm. Spoon a layer of caramel (equal amounts) on top of each chocolate piece. Return to the fridge when finished. When the caramel has somewhat hardened/set, spoon equal amounts of chocolate on top and return to the fridge to set. If the chocolate has started to thicken or harden, place back on the stove and melt until liquefied.
- Makes about 12 extra large chocolates (using standard sized cupcake liners) or 24 chocolates, using mini liners. Raw dark agave syrup is completely raw and contains more minerals than light agave syrup. Maple syrup also works really well, but is not raw.