Vegan Unfried Falafel
This recipe makes 10 pieces.
- 500 grams Sweet Potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250 grams canned chickpeas, drained, washed
- 90 grams chickpea flour
- 1.5 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp powdered coriander
- some fresh parsley
- sesame seeds for sprinkling
- Firstly, peel the sweet potatoes, cut in ~1cm thick slices, transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and sprinkle with olive oil.
- Bake at 200°C for 20 minutes (or until tender), set aside and turn down heat at 170°C.
- Put the sweet potatoes and the rest of the ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- With wet hands, form little balls (possibly roll in sesame seeds), transfer to the baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for another 30 minutes.