Sweet Potato Soup
- 2-3 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt, pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp ginger powder
- 500 ml vegetable broth
- Juice of 1 orange
- 250 ml coconut milk
- Firstly, preheat oven to 200°C
- Slice the sweet potato, toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 25min.
- Afterwards,remove from the oven and set aside.
- Then melt coconut oil in a large pot, add onions and saute until translucent (about 3min). Add turmeric, curry and ginger and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Add roasted sweet potato and broth and bring to a boil. Than reduce heat and simmer for 20min.
- Remove pot from heat, add coconut milk and orange juice and blend until very smooth.
- Season to Tasse with salt and pepper, that`s it!
- Serve with baked sweet potato falafel and you have a great meal! 😀 Enjoy!