Homemade healthy snickers cake - a dream!
- 200 ml buttermilk
- a handful peanuts
- 1,5 tsp vanilla extract
- 160 g flour
- 40 g coconut flour
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp chocolate
- 100 g sugar substitute
- 1,5 tbsp baking powder
- 1,5 tsp baking soda
- 100 g canned caramel
- 200 g milk chocolate couverture
- 30 g peanut butter
- To make a CAKE: Firstly, melt chocolate in buttermilk over medium high heat
- Meanwhile mix wet ingredients and stir in dry ingredients until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate-milk-mixture and fill into a springform pan (I use silicon molds, but if you don`t then grease with butter before adding the dough).
- Bake for 30min at 175°C.
- To make the CUTTING: Cut the cake horizontal length wise in the upper third, so that the lower half is bigger than the upper half.
- Set aside the upper (thinner) half and cut a 1cm wide and deep stripe into the lower (thicker) half. Here, keep about 1cm distance of the cake`s front and rear sides, in order to prevent the caramel filling for flowing out of the cake.
- To make PEANUT CARAMEL FILLING: Heat the canned caramel and stir in the peanuts.
- Fill liquid caramel into the stripe in the cake.
- For the COUVERTURE: Melt chocolate with peanut butter over medium high heat.
- Spread some tablespoons of the chocolate over the lower cake helped (next to the caramel stripe ), cover with the upper cake half and give it a little push. The chocolate serves here as a `adhesive'.
- After that, pour remaining chocolate over the whole cake and sprinkle with more peanuts.
- Let cool down completely Call, cut into 1cm thick pieces and serve.