- 200 g floury potatoes
- 300 g flour
- 50 g grated parmesan
- 1 tsp salt
- 42 g yeast
- 1 pinch sugar
- 200 ml warm buttermilk
- 1 carrot
- 2 spring onions
- 1 red pepper
- 1 egg
- butter to fry
- grounded pepper
- Boil potatoes for 30min in hot water.
- Meanwhile, mix flour, parmesan and salt in a bowl and make a well in the center.
- Crumble yeast and add it with the sugar in the center.
- Add some buttermilk and let yeast dissolve.
- Cover the bowl with a cloth and let the dough prove.
- Meanwhile wash and grate the carrot and wash and cut the spring onions and pepper.
- Heat butter in a pan and fry the vegetables for 5min.
- Season the vegetables with some salt and pepper.
- Pour off the potato-water and press them through a press. Tip: The shell stays in the press, so you don`t have to peel the potatoes.
- Add buttermilk, vegetables, egg and mashed potatoes and kneat together to a dough.
- Cover the dough and let prove for about 45min, until the volume is doubled.
- Preheat oven: 180°C, and butter a baking dish for the bread or use one dish out of silicon, I really like them, because thee you don`t need any fat!
- Then fill dough into the baking dish.
- Optional: sprinkle seeds over the dough and let prove for another 15min.
- Bake for about 50min.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!