Homemade Twix Bar
Healthier version of Twix. Homemade. Makes 17 Twix bars.
- 50 g light butter
- 60 g caramel bonbons
- 60 g flour
- a pinch salt
- 100 g chocolate coating
- maybe some tbsp of water
- 100 ml milk of your choice
- Firstly, mix sweetener, salt, egg yolk and butter.
- Add flour and cornstarch and knead together.
- If the dough is too dry, add some tbsp of water.
- Roll out the dough and cut the Twix-bars.
- Prick holes in the dough.
- Bake for 20min, 150°C.
- Take it out and place the bars in spaced relationship.
- Bake for further 20min.
- Meanwhile, cook the caramel.
- Mix all ingredients for the caramel in a pot, until it’s a brown smooth consistency.
- Let it cool down.
- Take 1 tbsp for each bar out and butter it in the bars.
- Melt the chocolate coating.
- Coat the bars with the chocolate coating.
- Drain the excess chocolate.
- To do so, you can use two forks with whom you can take the bars out of the chocolate.
- Then spread parchment paper onto a baking sheet and add the bars on top. Let cool down (best place in the refrigerator). That`s it!.