Filled Yeast Dumblings
Makes 14-16 pieces.
- 500 g flour
- 42 g yeast
- 180 ml lukewarm milk
- 30 g soft butter
- 70 g sugar substitute
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 15 g instant custard
- a few sour cherries
- 100 ml milk
- some cinnamon-sugar for sprinkling
- Firstly, crumble yeast into a small bowl and mix with 4-5 tbsp milk and 1 tsp sugar until resolved.
- Add flour into a big bowl, push a small trough and add yeast-milk-mixture.
- Then cover the mixture with some flour and let sit for 15-20min.
- After that, add the remaining ingredients and knead until well-mixed.
- Form the dough to a ball and let sit for 1-3 hours (covered) until dough is risen.
- Meanwhile prepare custard and let cool down.
- Afterwards, transfer the dough onto a floured surface and cut into 12 same sized pieces.
- Push those pieces until flat and add 1 tbsp custard and some cherries.
- Close it by pulling the dough from both sides into the middle (on top of the filling) and form to a ball.
- Now, place into a baking dish and let sit for another 1 hour until risen.
- Thereafter, bake for 15min at 175°…then spread milk, sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar and bake for another 15min until golden brown.