Whole Wheat Choco Banana Muffins
- ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 piece very ripe banana
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 small flax egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp any topping you like (nuts or chips)
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and Preapare flax egg and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana, leaving some texture.
- Add brown sugar, baking soda, and whisk for one minute.
- Stir in flax egg, vanilla, oil and stir.
- Add flour and stir with a sppon or spatula until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly into the two ramekins – about ½ to ¾ full – and generously add your toppings.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until tops are golden brown and a toothpick or knife comes out clean.
- Let cool for a few minutes, remove from ramekins and serve warm. Additional butter isn’t necessary – these are very moist and quite perfect as is.