Cocoa Butter Cookies
The recipe uses powdered sugar instead of granulated sugar, giving the cookies the texture of Mexican wedding cookies.
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 oz Cocoa butter
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp Milk
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a small bowl, mix flour and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix cocoa butter and sugar.
- Mix in egg yolks and milk.
- Gradually mix in dry ingredients until just combined.
- Roll cookies into quarter-sized balls and place them on ungreased cookie sheets, leaving 3/4" between cookies. If you find that the batter becomes difficult to work with in later batches, periodically mix it at high speed to warm it up.
- Bake for about 7 minutes. The cookies will still be soft when you remove them from the oven, but will harden as they cool.