Chocolate Beet Fudge Brownies
- 2 1/2 cups brown rice flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups grated raw beets
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup rice milk OR almond milk
- 4 organic egg yolks
- 4 organic egg whites
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup coconut nectar
- 7 ounces good quality 85% dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar
- walnuts to decorate
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 1- inch cake pan and line with baking paper. Set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and cacao in a large bowl. Add beets, honey, vanilla, coconut oil, milk and egg yolks. Stir until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until forming stiff peaks. Fold egg whites into other mixture.
- Pour into cake pan, distributing evenly and bake for 45 mins or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- For the frosting, melt chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat. Once melted remove from heat and whisk in coconut cream and maple syrup. Place in fridge for half hour to cool.