Yogurt with Toasted Quinoa, Dates & Almonds
The ingredients may sound straight from a squirrel’s cupboard but do not be put off!! We promise you’ll be super-surprised how sweet, tasty and delicious this healthy breakfast bowl is. We’re so confident we reckon you’ll have it twice!
- 1/2 Tbsp Red Quinoa
- 170 ml Whole Milk Greek Yogurt
- 5 Shelled Pistachios (Raw or Salted)
- 5 Almonds
- 2 Medjool Dates
- Pinch of reshly grated lemon zest
- Flaky Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Date Nectar
- Pre Heat the oven to 180 degrees C. Pour the quinoa into a small pan and place over medium heat to toast. It will begin popping when it’s done – immediately pour into a bowl to cool.
- Spread the pistachios and almonds in a small baking dish and toast in the oven for 5 minutes to activate all their natural goodness. Remove and let cool.
- Dollop the yogurt onto a small plate or bowl. Sprinkle on the quinoa, pistachios, almonds, and dates. Grate over the lemon zest and sprinkle the sea salt. Finish with a drizzle of date nectar to naturally sweeten and set you up for the day.