Spicy Beloved Carrot & Ginger Soup
This delicious soup will warm you up on a cold winter evening & provide you with a bunch vitamins and minerals. Plus, it’s perfect for dunking! Suitable both for vegetarians and vegans (simply omit the sour cream).
- 8 large carrots
- 2 large onion
- 4 sticks celery
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 thumb sized pieces of ginger
- 2.5 litre chicken/veg stock
- 2 tbsp Beloved Date Nectar
- 1 bunch coriander
- 100 ml soured cream
- Pre heat the oven to 180’C.
- eel the carrots, put in a large roasting tin & cover with a good pinch of Malden sea salt and the Date Nectar. Place in the oven for 25 mins, tossing regularly.
- Cut the onion and celery into large chunks and soften in a large saucepan with 2 tsp coconut oil and crushed garlic. Finely grate the ginger. When the veg has softened, added the roasted carrots to the saucepan with the ginger.
- Add the stock and turn to a low simmer for 20 mins. Use the stick blender to blend the soup to your preferred consistency (thick works well for this one)
- Chop the coriander and sprinkle on top with a dollop of sour cream for a nourishing and datelicious winter warmer!