Spicy and Datelicious, Oman-Inspired Eggs
For an Easter breakfast treat with an exotic twist, try these Persian-inspired eggs. They are super easy to make yet will leave your family wondering where you concocted such a delicious and unique recipe from, never have boring scrambled eggs again!
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Onion
- Date Nectar
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 Tsp Dried Chilli Flakes
- Handful Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Soft Dates
- 1 Tbsp Coriander
- Heat the olive oil in a small frying pan and add the onion. Cook over a medium heat until the onion is golden and soft. Add the chilli flakes & cumin seeds and cook for a further 30 seconds or so. Toss in the spinach leaves and turn the ingredients over in the heat so that they wilt.
- Turn down the heat and add the eggs, chopped dates and some seasoning. Cook all over a gentle heat, stirring slowly as if you were making creamy scrambled eggs. The mixture should be soft-set.
- Scatter on the coriander and serve immediately, with a little yogurt on the side if desired (especially if you have been quite liberal with the chilli!)
- You’ll never want boring scrambled eggs again!