Orange & Date Salad with Fennel & Feta
This delicious and healthy salad tastes so light and juicy you could have seconds…or thirds, without a guilty thought! Great as a fresh summer salad with an exotic twist, which makes it taste and look far more complicated than it is to make!
- 3 Large Oranges
- 1 Large Fennel Bulbs
- 10 Dates
- 80 g Baby Spinach Leaves
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Date Nectar
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Pistachios or toasted flaked Almonds
- 75 g Feta, Crumbled
- 100 ml Buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp Single Cream
- 2 Tbsp Date Nectar
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Ground White Pepper
- Cut the oranges into nice segments (Slice the top and bottom off each orange, sit them on their flat base & with a sharp knife, remove the skin. Working your way around the orange, cut from top to bottom and pith into broad strips. Cut the orange flesh horizontally into slices.)
- Quarter the fennel bulb, keeping any feathery fronds, slice each quarter as thin as possible.
- Place the sliced fennel into a nice, broad serving bowl and toss in the lemon juice. Quarter the dates lengthways, remove the stones. Add the dates to the bowl along with the orange slices and spinach leaves.
- Mix together the balsamic, date nectar & oil and season well. Drizzle this onto the salad and mix with your hands.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together and drizzle over the top of the salad. Scatter with your chosen nut to finish and dive in!