Natural & Grain-free Date Fudge Brownies
The dates sweeten these delicious brownies perfectly and naturally, without requiring any additional sugar in the mix. They have a healthier peanut butter frosting and contain no refined sugar. Datelicious!
- 40 g Pitted, non-Medjool dates
- 40 g Date Nectar
- 1 Vanilla Pod
- 1/4 Cup Natural Peanut Butter
- 2 Tbsp Milk of Choice
- 1/4 Cup Coconut oil, melted
- 25 g Coconut Flour
- 38 g Cocoa Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp Date Nectar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup Peanut Butter
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- Brownie Mix
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C. Prepare a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan with a piece of parchment paper (for easy removal of brownies, if you don’t have parchment paper, grease with coconut oil instead)
- In a mixing bowl (or food processor) – process the dates & date nectar until it becomes a nice paste. It’ll be spreadable, but not a liquid. Add the vanilla pod, milk, coconut oil and peanut butter, and blend until all nicely mixed together. Add the egg and pulse until combined. Do not over mix here!
- Add the remaining ingredients (cocoa powder, coconut flour, and baking powder) and pulse once or twice to combine, then use a plastic spatula to finish mixing. Dollop into the pan.
- Bake the brownies for 10 – 12 minutes or until the top appears set. If you press the top with your finger they should be very soft! Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Melt the coconut oil, cocoa powder and natural peanut butter in a small pan over low heat. When completely melted and smooth, take the pan off the heat, add the date nectar and stir until well combined.
- Frost the brownies and place the loaf pan back in the refrigerator to allow the frosting to set (allows for easier cutting).
- Once the frosting is set, cut the brownies and dig in! Brownies will store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.