Mini Date & Pecan Christmas Puds
Not only are these mini puds mouth-wateringly delicious, they will make your house smell like Christmas while they bake! Datelicious! P.S. You can try leave one out for Santa, but we doubt there’ll be any left 😉
- 250 g medjool dates
- 125 g coconut oil
- 85 g Beloved Date Nectar
- 140 g self raise flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 50 g raisins
- 50 g chopped candied peel
- 85 g chopped pecans
- Pre-heat the oven to 160’C.
- Pour 300ml hot water over the dates to soften.
- Melt 20g coconut oil and brush onto a tinned muffin tray. Put the rest of the coconut oil and Date Nectar into a large bowl and mix until combined. Add the flour, bicarbonate, ginger and cinnamon until really well mixed.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing each in well. Add the cooled date mixture and stir in. Mix in the raisins, pecans and candied peel. Then pour the mixture evenly into the muffin tray.
- Bake in the 160 oven for 20 mins until a skewer comes out clean from the middle of one of the puds. Turn out onto cooling rack.
- To make the optional brandy syrup: heat 150ml of brandy then stir in 1 tbsp Date Nectar. Pour over the warm puddings and serve. If you’re feeling ambitious (and have an adult or fire extinguisher at hand), try light the puds for a proper flambé Christmas effect!