Grilled Halloumi and Date Figs
- 400 g Halloumi
- 4 Ripe Figs
- 2 Tbsp Beloved Date Nectar
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Cinammon Sticks
- Pink Peppercorns
- Small Pan
- Slice the Halloumi into 1.5cm slices. Cut the figs in half length ways.
- Take the small pan, and on a low heat add 5g coconut oil to melt. Add in the figs flesh side down for 2 minutes.
- Oil a griddle pan and place in the Halloumi slices – 5 minutes each side until charred and soft.
- Roughly rip the mint keeping aside some for garnish. Turn up the heat on the pan, add the Date Nectar, mint and cinnamon. Turn over the figs to cover them in the Date Nectar and mint. Add in the balsamic vinegar, cook until soft through and vinegar has cooked off (vinegar smell from the pan has gone)
- Serve hot with the charred Halloumi, add crushed peppercorns and mint to garnish