Gluten Free Date & Carrot Traybake
Date and carrot traybake is a perfect autumn treat – delicious, easy to make and packed with minerals and vitamins, it will cheer up any winter blues!
- 250 g Grated Carrot
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 300 g Beloved Date Nectar
- 300 ml Sunflower Oil
- 300g Coconut Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Bicarbonate Soda
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 50 g Chopped Pecans
- Pre heat the oven to 150’C. Mix the Date Nectar and sunflower oil with an electric whisk until really well combined. Add each egg 1 at a time, ensuring the first is well mixed in before adding the second. Add the bicarbonate, baking power, cinnamon, ginger, salt and vanilla and give it a good mix!
- Add the grated carrot and chopped pecans and mix until well distributed through the mixture. Then pour into a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Make sure it fills it right to the corners.
- Bake on 150’C for 25 mins until browned slightly on the top. Remove and allow to cool for 2 minutes then turn out onto a cooling rack.
- Drizzle with Date Nectar….and devour!