Thick Italian Hot Chocolate
This hot chocolate is very similar to the authentic Italian thick hot chocolate. This recipe however is sugar and dairy free, using instead unsweetened almond milk; perfect as a healthy Autumn evening warmer!
- 1 cup unsweetened Almond milk
- 1 tbsp Coconut nectar, maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp Cacao powder
- A very small pinch of salt to bring out the chocolate flavour (ideally low sodium or Pink Himalayan salt)
- Warm the Almond milk in a small pan and combine the cacao, cornflour and sweetner of choice into a small bowl
- Pour a small amount of the warm milk onto the fry ingredients and mix into a thick paste, keep adding the milk and eventually when you have a lose chocolate mixture transfer this into the rest of the Almond milk in the pan
- Stir the mixture over a low heat until it starts to thicken
- Once the hot chocolate is a luscious, thick and creamy pour into a mug and drink!
- *For a kick add a very small sprinkle of Cayenne pepper for chilli hot chocolate!