Sweet Chilli & Sesame Okra
I haven’t always been confident with Okra, however with some experimentation I’m truly loving this new addition to my veggie box. To counteract its sometimes slimy reputation, soak the stems in vinegar for half an hour and rinse well before cooking, blotting off any excess water.
- Approx 7 stems of Okra per person
- 1/2 chopped red chilli
- small handful of parsley
- A good glug of wheat free organic tamari soy sauce
- tbsp raw honey, coconut nectar or brown rice syrup
- handful organic baby spinach
- drizzle of toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 tsp 100% organic, virgin coconut oil or coconut butter to fry the Okra
- Sesame or chia seeds to dress
- After treating your okra in vinegar for 30 minutes chop the stems of the Okra and set aside.
- Add your coconut oil into a large frying pan and heat.
- Chop your chilli and add into the pan along with the okra. Cook for a few minutes or so.
- Add in your spinach, chia seeds and fry for a further few minutes.
- Add in a good glug of your soy sauce and a tablespoon of your chosen sweetener.
- Finally take off the heat, add in a small drizzle of your sesame oil and serve.