Spicy Sweet Potato, Spinach and Roasted Pistachio
Sweet, spicy, rich and warming; this soup is perfect for a chilly evening. The spinach not only gives a wonderful bright colour, but also provides a lot of goodness.
- 4 organic sweet potatoes
- 1 large white onion
- 1 tbsp organic virgin coconut oil
- handful spinach
- 400 ml organic coconut milk
- A sprinkle of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp course black pepper
- 20 roasted pistachios
- tsp roasted pistachio oil per person
- 1 tsp chia seeds per portion
- Remove the shells from the pistachios, place into a pestle and mortar; crush and set aside.
- In a saucepan bring some water to the boil and add in your sweet potatoes to cook until soft, turn off the heat and set aside (or back the potatoes until soft)
- Chop the onion and cook in a frying pan on a medium heat until the onion lightly caramelizes
- Add in the spinach until it’s very lightly wilted and you don’t lose too much of its goodness
- Add your coconut milk, add the cayenne, salt and pepper then take of the heat
- Pour all the ingredients into a blender and whizz up adding extra water depending on how thick you prefer the soup * keep your sweet potatoes with their skins on so they maintain all their goodness
- Pour the soup into a pan and gently heat
- Pour into bowls, sprinkle on the pistachios, chia seeds and drizzle on your roasted pistachio oil.