Spicy Roast Sweet Potatoes
These Spicy Roast Sweet Potatoes would make an elegant and flavorful holiday side dish. Simple, healthy and hearty! Perfect for the colder months.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- A sprinkle of cayenne pepper
- A sprinkle of smoked paprika
- A good pinch of Himalayan salt or rock salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- A bunch of chopped parsley
- Rock salt and pepper to taste
- Grated lime zest
- 1 tbsp clarified butter
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
- In an oven proof dish add the clarified butter, and place into the oven to melt.
- Clean and chop the sweet potatoes into bite sized chunks (keep the skin on for extra goodness).
- Remove the oven proof dish and add the potatoes.
- Add the salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika and evenly coat all the sweet potatoes, spreading them out across on the baking tray.
- Bake for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally until thoroughly cooked.
- Grate in the lime zest and add in the chopped parsley before serving.