Roast Red Pepper Dip
Some dips that include chickpeas can be a little troublesome for people’s tummies. I use soaked cashew nuts here as an alternative. They give a lovely sweet, cream flavour and texture. Enjoy with a buckwheat flat bread, or chopped veggies. Keep refrigerated and use within 3 days .
- 1 red pepper
- A sprinkle of smoked paprika
- 1/2 chopped chili
- 100 g soaked raw, unsalted cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk to loosen the dip
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Rock salt and pepper to taste
- Soak the cashew nuts in hot water for around half an hour.
- Chop the pepper and roast in the oven for 30 minutes at 200°C, gas mark 6(or until lovely and golden, which can depend on your oven). Alternatively roast on an open flame on the hob, place in a plastic bag to cool and remove the skin.
- Strain the cashew nuts (leaving a small amount of water) and add to a blender along with the roasted pepper and all the other ingredients.
- Blend until you get a smooth sauce.
- Add the sauce into a bowl or glass jar.