Raw Hazelnut, Chia & Coconut Energy Bites
If you fancy something sweet and need a bit of a boost, than these are perfect! If you have children get them involved with the prepared mixture. It’s the perfect way to get them interested in healthy cooking. These are best kept in the freezer or the fridge so they don’t get to soft and sticky. Take them out of the freezer ten minutes before consuming. Makes approx 12.
- 150 g pitted medjool dates
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or coconut butter melted
- 1 tbsp coconut syrup, raw honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp hazelnut butter
- 4 tbsp desiccated coconut
- A small pinch of Himalayan rock salt
- Once the dates have soaked, remove the water and blend in the rest of the ingredients apart from the dedicated coconut.
- Place in a bowl and then fold in the desiccated coconut.
- Roll teaspoons of the mixture in your hands.
- Finally roll each ball in the desiccated coconut and place in a freezer for 20 mins to firm up.