Quinoa, Pomegranate & Goats Cheese Salad
Although some people can find cooking with quinoa a little daunting, it really is very simple to make this plain tasting ingredient (known as a seed) very tasty. It’s perfect served with grilled meat or fish.
- 250 g cooked quinoa
- 4 spring onions
- 1 large pomegranate
- 1/2 organic cucumber
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 5 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 sprigs of mint
- handful chopped Coriander
- 2 fl oz crumbles Goats Cheese
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- Cook the Quinoa as per the packet instructions (generally boiled for 20 mins and then reduce the heat until all the water has been cooked off) Set aside to cool.
- Chop the cucumber into small chunks.
- Chop the spring onions.
- In a bowl mix the vinegar, olive oil, the lemon juice and add the lemon zest.
- Once the quinoa has cooled add the cucumber and spring onion and mix.
- Add the dressing and the pomegranate juice and seeds, Mix thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and lay the salad out in a bowl or serving dish.
- Crumble on the goats cheese, sprinkle the chia seeds and add a spring of coriander to decorate.
- Bon appétit!